Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why I've been MIA

It's been an entire month since I've blogged.  Wow!  So much for being on the ball with that.  Most of the reason for that is Daniel - he's been looking like this much of the last three weeks:
It started with a cold and he didn't seem to be getting any better, so I finally took him to the pediatrician's office.  He made faces at the kid in the mirror.
 They first suspected strep throat but that test came back negative, and his ears were a-okay, which lead to a diagnosis of a sinus infection.  Some amoxicillin and a day later, and we had some smiles again!  He started acting like regular, happy Daniel and it was SO nice to see.  For three days.  Then he spiked a fever, acted more miserable then ever, earning him another trip to the pediatricians.  They diagnosed him this time with Coxsackie virus (aka hand-foot-mouth disease) and said his throat looked just awful and was basically just covered in tons of lacerations.  That explains why he wouldn't eat!  I was hoping he had something treatable but we had to just wait it out for the week or so it lasts.  Luckily he's been 100% for five days now and we're thrilled to see his silly little smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment