This silly girl makes us laugh every day. LOVE her. :)
This afternoon Katherine and I had a very special time together. There was a kids race associated with the St. Luke's Lehigh Valley Half Marathon, so I registered her for that when I signed up for my race. Three- and four-year-olds run 1/8 mile, down Hamilton Street in Allentown. She had been really excited for it, running laps around the house for weeks and telling everyone she was practicing for her "kids half marathon"! Here she is in her race shirt and bib number.We got to meet a few dogs while we waited for the race to start. She always asks the owners so nicely if she can please pet their dog.
There were two clowns making balloon animals for the kids. Katherine got a flower - yellow petals, of course.
All lined up and ready to run! Her age group was allowed to have one parent with them, the older groups ran by themselves. We ran hand-in-hand down the street together in her very first race, beautiful sunny afternoon, huge smile on her face ... wish I could have froze time. It was definitely one of those moments I will never forget.
Receiving her finisher's medal at the end of the race.
A very proud Katherine wearing her medal. We found a nice spot on the side of the road and watched the next two age groups (5&6 and 7&8) run their races. She cheered for them all, yelling "Go 5's! Go 6's!" and "Go 7, Go 8!".
Mmm... enjoying the chocolate covered Peep they gave her as we watched the other races.
We came home after the race and Brendan left for soccer. The kids decided to provide me with some pictures to show their prom dates someday.
A little time up at our neighborhood playground in the afternoon. Katherine still wanted to wear her medal.
No comments:
Post a Comment