Monday, May 9, 2011

May 1

I had been looking forward to May 1st for a looong time.  Many, many miles in freezing cold temperatures, snow and ice, geared up with layers, reflective gear and a headlamp during the pre-dawn hours were spent with my neighbor Clare getting ready for the St Luke's Lehigh Valley Half Marathon.  Last year I ran my first 5k in ten years on this date - a big change in one year!  Brendan brought the kids out to cheer for me toward the end of the race near Cedar Creek Park so I got to see them twice at around 11.5 miles and just before 13 miles.  Katherine's cheers of "Go Mommy Go!" were awesome.  I'm looking forward to doing another Half soon!  Here we are at around 4.5 miles(taken by my friend Kami, who's husband R is super fast and came in 10th overall!).
We got home from the race to find balloons on our mailbox and Clare's - and NO idea who left them!  Brendan said they were there well before he and the kids left the house to come watch me.  We later found out that it was Clare's sister Ellen (who we also run with sometimes) had left them.  So nice of her!  Bonus that the kids love playing with them.  :)

We celebrated with a pizza party at Clare's house after naps.  Our kids had a great time playing together and it was a lot of fun!
 
 
 
Whoever wants to run a half marathon in the fall, let me know!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment